Local business leaders affirmed their commitment to actively promote investment in Gainsborough.
A constitution document was signed by all members of the Gainsborough Place Board this week at its first meeting of 2017 held at Gainsborough College.
The signing comes just months after the launch of the Invest Gainsborough initiative, led by West Lindsey District Council.
It is aimed at actively promoting residential, commercial and mixed-used land, which has been earmarked for development.
The Place Board, which is made up of a group of business leaders from the town, came together as part of a drive to promote Gainsborough as a great place to live, work, visit and invest.
The Place Board includes members from companies and organisations such as Gelder Group, Pygott and Crone, Gainsborough College, Queen Elizabeth High School, Acis, Wright Vigar, AMP Rose, PING Europe and Marshall’s Yard.
Chairman of the Place Board and CEO of Gelder Group Steve Gelder said: “I am very pleased to be supporting the work of Invest Gainsborough and it’s a great milestone to be signing our constitution confirming our joint vision for the area.”
The constitution sets out a number of objectives that the members will work towards which includes:
- To work collectively with the business community, local authority and public to improve the economy of Gainsborough
- Promote Gainsborough in a positive manner
- Encourage more businesses to establish in the Gainsborough area
- Improve the business base in Gainsborough
- Support tourism and the visitor economy in the Gainsborough area
- Support the facilitation of delivery of housing projects and programmes within the town
- Gainsborough’s offering and brand recognition