There is just one week to go until the inaugural Expo East, and there’s still time to register for a space at the highly anticipated event.
Expo East 2018 will take place on Wednesday, April 25 at Newark Showground from 9am – 4pm.
Organised by the team behind CityX and Lincolnshire Business, the expo will feature around 100 exhibitors, bringing companies and professionals in a range of industries together from the counties that neighbour Lincolnshire.
Some 11 events will take place throughout the day with 23 speakers, including brand building seminars and talks discussing how to overcome barriers to business beyond borders.
Here is what is on the CityX stage at Expo East 2018:
- 9.30am – 10.30am – Discussion Panel: Barriers To Business Beyond Borders
- This discussion will focus on the importance of thinking big and looking for new opportunities, as well as how partnership working can be key to expanding horizons.
- The panel for this discussion will include: James Pinchbeck (Chair of the panel) – Partner, Streets Chartered Accountants, Gary Headland – CEO, Lincoln College Group, Kate Ellis – Major Development Director, City of Lincoln Council, Charlie Ruigrok – Digital Trader Advisor, Department for International Trade and Richard Blackmore – Regional Director, CBI East Midlands
- 10.30am – 11am – Accountants Question Time: Top 10 Things You Should Be Thinking About In 2018
- With 30 minutes of topical debate and knowledge sharing, the session will provide delegates with an array of hints and tips for a more prosperous and successful year ahead.
- 11am – 11.30am – Richie Maddock – Workplace Culture: Success and Unwritten Rules
- In this session Richie Maddock, Founding Director of Lynchpin & Associates, looks at how we can understand and manage an organisation’s culture in simple and practical terms to help you determine ‘how things are really done around here’.
- 11.30am – 12pm – Peter Watson – Social Media: Building The Biggest Brand
- Peter, the Founder and Managing Director of Distract (formerly Chatty Imp), will uncover the dos and don’ts in the wonderful world of social media, and how you can generate a return on your marketing budget.
- 12pm – 12.20pm – Andy Jones – Amazing User Experiences: How To Become The Amazon Of Your Industry
- Andy Jones, MD of Make IT Simple, will explore the difference between businesses that force customers and staff to grapple with inflexible technology, and those that achieve runaway success by shaping technology to support staff and fit customer lifestyles.
- 12.20pm – 12.40pm – Steve Peace – Four Ways To Create A Learning State
- Hear from HR expert Steve Peace on how you can begin to install a culture of learning and continuous improvement by focusing on four stages that can be embedded into your management community and organisation.
- 12.40pm-1pm – Kerri Saxby – Hitting The Headlines: Top Tips On Talking To Journalists
- Kerri is a Senior PR Account Manager at Shooting Star and in the talk will dispel some of the myths surrounding media relations.
- 1pm – 1.20pm – Jodie King – From SEO To Content Marketing & Social: How To Nail It All
- Jodie King, Head of Operations at SEO Traffic Lab, will look into the detail as well as the integration of marketing channels in the 21st century.
- 1.20pm – 1.40pm – Richard Yardy – The Digital Revolution Starts Here
- Richard Yardy from risual will be on stage at Expo East to brief you on how the academy can help develop, grow and protect your business through cost-effective apprenticeship training.
- 1.40pm – 2pm – Kevin Else – A Technical Solution? How To Approach GDPR Pragmatically
- Cyber security expert Kevin Else will be discussing the new stricter data protection legislation that is due to come in to force next month (May 2018) and what actions you should take in order to approach it and address its requirements.
- 2pm – 3pm – Discussion Panel: The Future of Marketing
- Each panel member will have five minutes to give a brief overview of how they see the marketing industry evolving over the next five years. How platforms may change, what will be next on the horizon, what challenges you might face and how to be a step ahead of the competition.
- The panel for this discussion will include: Dean Graham (Chair of the panel) – Founder and Director, CityX, Peter Watson – Managing Director, Distract, Alex Wright – Managing Director, Knapton Wright, Kelly Hunstone – Managing Director, Social Change UK, Joanne Wilson – Founder and Owner, Fill The Gap Marketing and Henry Gill, Campaign Manager, SEO Traffic Lab
Some spaces are still available at a number of the events on the programme.