Businesses looking to recruit talented new staff can benefit from a series of bursaries to support student and graduate internships offered via the Careers & Employability Service at the University of Lincoln.
This year the University of Lincoln will provide funding to help around 150 employers take on a student or graduate intern. Bursaries of up to £1,500 are available to organisations which can offer suitable vacancies. This includes bursaries provided by Santander as part of the University’s status as a member of the Santander Universities Global Division.
Paid internships are a good way for small and medium sized enterprises in particular to take on a student or recent graduate in a way which reduces the risk and costs associated with recruiting a new member of staff. Interns can be appointed to work on a specific project or to fill a vacancy for a fixed period. Often quickly proving themselves to be invaluable team members and many have gone on to be offered permanent roles with their employers.
Our aim is to support your business through the various schemes available, the three current schemes are outlined below:
University of Lincoln Graduate Internship Scheme
- Who is eligible? Any company any size and location
- Who do I recruit? Recent University of Lincoln graduate from 3 years
- What is the length of internship? Minimum 3 months, minimum 20 hours per week
- How much do I need to pay the intern? National Minimum Wage or above
- How much funding is provided? Funding of £1,000 available
Santander SME Collaboration Scheme
- Who is eligible? UK based SME company
- Who do I recruit? Current University of Lincoln student or recent graduate from 3 years
- What is the length of internship? Minimum 1 week to maximum 10 weeks
- How much do I need to pay the intern? Minimum £300 based on full time 35 hour week (part time equivalent optional)
- How much funding is provided? Funding up to £1,500 available
Innovation Programme for Greater Lincolnshire
- Who is eligible? Greater Lincolnshire SME business within criteria
- Who do I recruit? Any recent graduate from 3 years
- What is the length of internship? Minimum 3 months full time or part time
- How much do I need to pay the intern? Minimum of £1,000 per month
- How much funding is provided? Funding of £1,500 available
If you are interested in finding out more about the funding schemes and support available please contact Lesley O’Donnell at [email protected] or 01522 837861.