Lincoln Central Market will be hosting a weekly pop-up market every Tuesday from tomorrow, in a bid to boost footfall in the area.
From October 2, for £10, budding entrepreneurs can purchase a trading table inside the marketplace on Sincil Street for the whole day (9am-4pm) to sell anything from arts and crafts to soaps and smellys.
Each week there will be 20 tables available, with the hope that each pop-up will bring something different to the market.
Confirmed stalls for this week’s first pop-up market include:
- Handmade cards and gifts – Felt Teddies and gifts
- Rose Bud Craft – Embellished wooden boxes, keyrings and jewellery
- Little Miss Lilly – handmade children’s clothes
- Rosetta Sweets – Vintage sweets and some modern day sweets
- Kreations by Kirsty – Artwork – paintings & photography, various crafts
- GH Bargain Tackle – Fishing equipment
- Made in Lincoln – handmade eco soy scented candles and wax melts
- Rock Retro – vintage clothing
- Little Sew & Sew’s – Handmade wall hangings, quilts, bags and clothing
As well as this list of stalls, there will also be a range of stalls including cakes and bakes, Christmas gifts, glass wear and other crafts.
Becki Taylor, small business support officer for the City of Lincoln Council told CityX: “We are offering a brand new opportunity to local traders and businesses in Lincoln.
“Our new pop-up market stalls offer the opportunity to promote your business or sell your products in Lincoln Central Market.
“This will allow for sharing the central market retail space so that entrepreneurial retailers and start up brands can test markets by simply taking a small space to sell their products.
“As well as ensuring our market offer is vibrant, we are also excited about giving new and existing business ventures a chance to trade in the city centre.
“Pop-ups are a fantastic way to showcase new products, launch products, and generate brand awareness as well as bring foot fall to the area.”