The annual Lincoln Christmas Light Switch-on will take place this Friday, and CityX has a created a guide with everything you need to know ahead of the free festive event.
Taking place in four locations across the city, each will include a variety of entertainment on Friday, November 23 from 4.30pm.
Take a look at what to expect:
St Marks Shopping Centre
- When: Performances start at 4:45pm and the light switch on is at 6:30pm
- Entertainment: Ariana Grande tribute act, Charlie Russell, Lincoln Drill Hall’s Peter Pan characters
The event will be hosted by Lincs FM’s John Marshall.
- When: 5pm
- Entertainment: Children’s rides, clowns, choirs, and food and drinks stalls
The City Square will provide a quieter environment to watch the High Street light switch on.
- When: Performances from 5:30pm and the light switch on is at 7pm
- Entertainment: The Salvation Army Band, Amelia Lilly, Barney Harwood and Chris Johnson will switch on the lights.
Lincs FM’s Eddie Shaw will host the event.
Waterside Shopping Centre
- When: Performances from 6pm and the light switch on is at 7:45pm
- Entertainment: The stars of all three of Lincoln’s main Christmas theatre productions, live music throughout the evening and an interview with Santa
Rob Hammond, from Lincs FM will be hosting the event and after the light switch on, you will also have the opportunity to meet and get autographs from the pantomime stars.
Parking will be free for the evening.
Visitors to the Christmas Light Switch-on can park at St Marks Shopping Centre for free from 4pm.
All City of Lincoln Council car parks across the city will be free from 4pm when using the PayByPhone app.
Lincoln Central Car Park will also be free to park in from 4pm, using the normal ticket machines and exit for free.
Lincoln High Street will be closed from St Mary’s Street to Waterside South from 4.30pm to 7.30pm while the festivities take place.
Late night shopping
Many shops across the city centre will be staying open until 8pm for Christmas shopping.