The Lincoln Social Responsibility Charter has celebrated one year of recognising star employers in Lincoln, with 61 socially responsible organisations already signed up.
City of Lincoln Council launched the charter in October 2018 to provide a benchmark for organisations in Lincoln to work towards, and provide a recognisable stamp for socially responsible organisations that employees and the public can trust.
The charter has already welcomed a number of employers in Lincoln, from large organisations such as Siemens, the Co-op and Lindum Group to small/medium businesses such as Purple Robot Marketing & Design and Dale and Co Solicitors.
By doing a range of socially responsible activities, employers can expect to reap rewards for their organisation such as increased staff retention, reduced recruitment costs, a more productive workforce, better brand recognition, improved business reputation, increase in profits, customer loyalty and recognition as an ethical employer.
In turn, employees can expect to receive a range of benefits from their employer which can make a real difference, including fair pay, career breaks, holiday purchase schemes, additional training and development, walk/cycle to work initiatives, staff recognition schemes and health support.
There are also a wide range of activities that can be done by an organisation to benefit the local community, such as offering apprenticeship placements, community group training, fundraising, green space sponsorship, donations, employee volunteering, proactive support of community events and more.
Graham Rose, Project Manager for the Lincoln Social Responsibility Charter, said: “We are delighted with the fantastic response that the Lincoln Social Responsibility Charter has received in its first year and look forward to welcoming more organisations on board as the charter continues to grow.
“We introduced the charter because we were aware that Lincoln is home to a number of socially responsible employers that were already incorporating socially responsible activities in their day-to-day work, and we wanted them to be recognised for it.
“The charter is completely free to sign up to and the organisation will be recognised for it, with promotional material such as a personalised version of the charter, a window sticker, a logo for use on their marketing material and invitations to exclusive events being part of the package. We will also widely promote our members through the council’s channels!
“A big thank you to all of the charter’s members for helping to make this charter an established benchmark for employers in Lincoln. We look forward to accepting applications from other socially responsible organisations.”
Members of the Lincoln Social Responsibility Charter include:
- JW Ruddock & Sons Ltd
- TRS Design Agency Limited
- Voluntary Centre Services
- Lincoln Community Development Worker Project (T/A developmentplus)
- City of Lincoln Council
- St Barnabas Hospice
- Specialist Education Support Network
- Wise Software (UK) Ltd
- Epix Media Ltd
- Lincoln Minster School
- Linwave Technology Limited
- Saul Fairholm Chartered Accountants
- Beneficial Trust & Will Co Ltd
- Lincolnshire Credit Union
- Ringrose Law
- University of Lincoln
- Lincolnshire Action Trust
- Leap Ltd
- LAGAT College
- St Marks Shopping Centre
- Streets Heaver Computer Systems Ltd
- Acts Trust
- Dale and Co Solicitors
- Static Security Services Ltd
- APIS Solutions
- The Network
- Comprehensive Fire and Security Solutions Ltd
- Distract Ltd
- Obam Stairlifts Ltd
- Lincolnshire Co-op
- Lincoln & Lindsey Blind Society
- Running Imp Ltd
- LINDUM Group
- 1st Class Fitness Lincoln North LTD t/a Curves
- Brewin Dolphin
- Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Lincoln Area DialaRide and Shopmobility
- Lincoln Digs
- Dynex Semiconductor Limited
- Edan Lincs
- Children’s Links
- J & S Plumbing and Heating
- Visual Print & Design Ltd
- Hunter Global Recruitment Ltd
- jch: investment management
- The Lincoln College Group
- Wright Vigar
- Starglaze Windows & Conservatories Limited
- RG Carter Building Ltd
- Purple Robot Marketing & Design
- Globe Consultants Limited
- Lincoln Security
- The EBP
- Gelder Group
- Barbon Insurance Group Ltd
- Deliverance Escape Rooms Limited