2019 has been a cracking year, we’re not going to lie. It’s time to stop being so humble, dust off our trumpets and give them a good strong blow! So without further ado, here are the top 10 things we’re most proud to shout about!
1. Joe joined our team! Back in January, we welcomed Joe into our organisation on an internship to develop his skills as a production assistant, whilst beginning his accent into the media industry. Joe’s willingness to learn and his desire to impress has enabled him to smash his targets and now has a well-earned full time position here as a Content Producer. Long may his reign continue!
2. We filmed a project in Istanbul! Originating as an enquiry after seeing our 2018 Christmas video marketing campaign on LinkedIn, ITL asked us to film an exciting series of promotional videos in Istanbul to show how their clients labels are in safe hands. Whilst in Turkey, we also managed to enjoy a spot of relaxation in a Hammam as well as some delicious Rakı… once we had finished working, of course…
3. Investors saw our potential! In April, we were lucky enough to receive an investment from a venture capitalist group who shared our vision of turning Wallbreaker into THE go-to video production company in the Midlands by 2025. The investment allowed our company to purchase new filmmaking equipment, improve our marketing strategy and also appoint a non- exec director to support the continued growth of the company.
4. We won an award!!! Our team were over-the-moon to win Best Digital Campaign of the year at the Lincolnshire Live Business Awards for our 2018 Christmas video marketing campaign, “A Wallbreaker Christmas Miracle”. We were also nominated for Most Innovative use of Video at the Digital Entrepreneur Awards in Manchester… *cough cough*
5. Gladiators, are you ready?!? One of the most fun shoots we worked on this year was for Endurance Doors, in Brigg. They asked us if it would be possible to film one of the former Gladiators from the 90s TV show; whacking one of their doors with a giant sledgehammer. We said “sure, why not” and that’s when we managed to get in touch with Hunter, who was more than happy to get involved. He may have lost his hair over the years but he certainly hasn’t lost any of his strength or charisma!
6. Not so Small Beer! One of our favourite clients of 2019 has to be Small Beer. Every person we met on the project exuded passion and love for the brand, they really have grown a terrific culture within the organisation. It’s so freshening to see a family-run business doing so well, maintaining their values after 40 years of trading.
7. Hamsters in the post… In 6 years we had never sent out a direct mail campaign before… until now. We sent out 50 boxes with ‘hamsters’ inside to make a unique introduction to our most sort-after clients within the UK. The campaign has been a huge success, allowing us to make a lasting impression on many brands. The entire campaign cost almost £5,500 to execute and so far we have generated £6,000 from just 1 of these 50 recipients. We have either had several meetings with other recipients, so we expect the ROI figure in 3-6 months time to be quite significant.
8. Football came home! Another great project that we worked on this year was the production of a promotional video to help sell Lincoln City Football Club’s season tickets. The campaign was an overwhelming success, with tens-of-thousands of shares online, the club completely sold out of season tickets and the Wallbreaker team got to watch a few games of footy at the weekend.
9. Lights, camera, action! We have been very fortunate to have been awarded £10,000 match funding from the University of Lincoln’s Productivity Programme to invest over £20,000 in new camera equipment that will help diversify the filmmaking services we can provide to our clients. This will ultimately increase our income, grow our business and allow us to hire more people. Thanks so much to the judging panel for supporting our business, we’ll never forget it!
10. Last but by no means least… Ronnie was the first member of staff that Ash & Luke hired at Wallbreaker. The end of 2019 almost marks his 3rd year anniversary at the company and we cannot thank him enough for his commitment, positive attitude and his determination to help grow the business. We want to take this opportunity to thank Ronnie for his contribution to the company, we couldn’t have gotten to this stage without him.