Visit Lincoln has signed up to the Social Responsibility Charter, a new initiative which is being championed by City of Lincoln Council around Corporate Social Responsibility.
The aim of the charter is to encourage organisations and businesses in Lincoln to undertake activities which benefit both their employees and also the local community in which they are located.
Charlotte Goy Chief Executive of Visit Lincoln said: “Corporate Social Responsibility really instils a true sense of purpose and pride within a company and encourages employees to try new things and get re-energized, whilst giving something back their community.
“We support and encourage all of the principals of the Charter but we’re most excited to be involved in continuing to make Lincoln a remarkable place to live and work – as this is at the core of everything we do as a Destination management Organisation.
“By working together on this charter we can all make positive changes within our communities.”
Organisations seeking accreditation will agree to the following principles:
• We are committed to treating our staff fairly to ensure we have a reliable, skilled and motivated workforce.
• We support our local communities to enable local charities and community groups to deliver their services, and help to make Lincoln a better place to live and work.
We are collectively committed to:
• Supporting employees to have a healthy work/life balance
• Enhancing the local economy through paying fair wages
• Supporting local charities and community groups to ensure they have the resources needed to succeed
• Developing the knowledge and skills of employees
• Continuing to make Lincoln a remarkable place to live & work
• Encouraging other/new organisations to embrace Social Responsibility
• Monitoring the progress we are making
Click Here to find out more about how your company can be involved.