Business Lincolnshire and Visit Lincoln have teamed up with Unmissable England to deliver an interactive experience development workshop set to help tourism businesses develop their own unique experiences to offer visitors.
Encouraging collaboration within the sector, it will enable tourism businesses to create potential longer-term opportunities of year-round visitor experiences; boosting Lincolnshire’s tourism economy.
Tourism Business Advisor Chris Brant, from Unmissable England will lead the workshop with an introduction to experiential tourism.
Businesses will get to explore the essential ingredients needed to develop an ‘unmissable’ experience and hear from a panel of experience providers already marketing and distributing their products.
From these discussions and success stories, businesses could spark a new idea, allowing them to reach new markets and growth out of the typical tourism season.
Its aim is to encourage businesses to design and distribute new bookable visitor experiences.
During the workshop delegates will:
- Understand the difference between a classic tour and an experience;
- Learn what makes a good experience, including 5 top ways to create one;
- Gain valuable insights from a panel of experience providers already successfully marketing and distributing their products;
- Discuss routes to market and the best options to engage with an audience;
- Participate in group break-out sessions with the ultimate challenge of developing an idea into an experience.
Charlotte Goy CEO of Visit Lincoln explains: “Visitors are increasingly looking for more genuine authentic experiences as part of their holiday.
“This workshop will give businesses the opportunity to help develop and market their own experiences, and learn how to market them.
“We are really excited to be working with Business Lincolnshire and Unmissable England on this inspiring workshop.
“It is supporting the recovery of our sector, and giving businesses the confidence and skills to enhance their business and securing more visitors for the future.”
The Lincolnshire Experience Development Workshop is taking place on Thursday April 29 – 10.00am-12.30pm.
Click Here to book your place.