Employer Pepperells Solicitors
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary Dependant on experience
Pepperells Solicitors – Business Assistant
The role of the business apprentice is multifunctional. Their role encompasses front of house, business administration and supporting members of staff within the branch.
The role will predominantly require the applicant to work on front of house operations in the Lincoln Office Branch. This role is often the first point of contact for the Firm for clients via face to face or via the telephone and therefore the presentation and performance of this role is key to the perception of the business and its people. The applicant must maintain the highest standards in their own performance and their working environment.
In addition to their responsibilities on front of house, the applicant will also be expected to provide business administrative support to the business and its staff members throughout the working day. This includes but is not limited to scanning, photocopying and filing.
This role is key to the effective performance of the business and its staff and covers the working day of 9am – 5:30pm with one hour for lunch.
- Set the highest standards of client care and customer service.
- Support the switch board, where appropriate (training provided).
- Facilitate the effective management of reception on a day to day basis.
- Be proactive with the greeting and signing in visitors.
- Accurately record the signing in and out of staff and third parties entering/leaving the office.
- Offering client’s drinks whilst waiting.
- Preparing for new clients (particulars forms on clip boards) and copying/certifying client ID.
- Manage the presentation of the reception area ensuring the highest standards are maintained throughout the working day.
- Ensure that the client and staff refreshment facilities are maintained from the beginning of the day to conclusion.
- Arrange appointments for staff who visit clients including the booking of meeting rooms.
- Liaise directly with staff regarding the arrival of clients and signed for deliveries.
- Report to the Business Development Manager in relation to the performance of their duties.
- Provide the highest level of support to staff in relation tasks such as photocopying, scanning, filing and preparing the incoming post for scanning and distribution.
- Be responsible for franking of the office post.
- Support the Business Development Manager with office duties and daily tasks required to maintain the office.
- Review and order office stationery and maintain stock levels on a weekly basis
- Produce documentation in Google Suite/ Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Show prospective customers and third parties around the office.
- Research venues for the company conference and produce a shortlist for people to visit.
- Attend marketing events internally and assist with online marketing for the company.
- Must be results driven, be highly adaptable and flexible, work comfortably in a fast-paced and dynamic legal environment.
- Set the highest standard of customer service.
- Have the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to transport themselves to other office locations when required (Hull, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Lincoln)
- Preference for experience of working within a fast-paced fast evolving and dynamic environment.
- Experience of dealing with clients and managing high call volumes.
- Experience of the execution of business administrative purposes.
- An interest in working in a legal environment is desirable but not essential