Industry Web Development
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
At Distract, we are a young, passionate team with a simple aim to help our clients grow, and to have fun while doing so. We all share a passion for building companies through innovative and engaging digital marketing.
Who are you?
For the role as a Web Developer, we are looking for someone to be creative, hard-working and highly organised with a positive attitude and strong willingness to learn.
We need both front end web technical know-how, backend experience as well as a focus on usability and user experience.
Salary: competitive, dependent on experience.
The key role and responsibilities of our Web Developer is to:
- Collaborate with the design team from the beginning of a project
- Inform project decisions
- Collaborate with other developers and lead the project through implementation
- Ultimately launch the clients’ websites.
When you aren’t directly working on projects you’ll be required to :
- Occasional maintenance of our servers
- Providing support for clients via phone and email with regards to any issues/training required with their website
- Ensure websites are kept up-to-date, secure and compatible
- Ensure licenses for typefaces, music, and images are managed correctly
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with e-commerce systems (WooCommerce, Magento)
- Experience with CMS, specifically WordPress
- Semantic HTML
- Modern CSS (Flexbox, Grid) and SASS
- Common JS
- Node and build tools such as Gulp
- Git and basic version control
- Relational Databases, specifically MySQL
- Adaptable, with a willingness to learn
Desirable but not required:
- Some experience working closely with a marketing team
- Knowledge of basic SEO principles
- Some working knowledge of React
- Working with REST APIs
- Knowledge of Hosting
The ideal candidate:
- Educated to at least degree level preferred
- 5 GCSEs between A-C including English and Mathematics
- A relaxed, yet passionate personality.